Magnets pick up and stick to many different things. They come in different shapes and sizes. They have different strengths, depending on their size. They have a force called a magnetic force. If not stored properly, magnets can lose their magnetic force. What kinds of things can a magnet pick up? Do this activity to find out.
plastic protractor or ruler
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
- Place all the objects except the magnet on a table.
- Predict what the magnet will pick up.Record your predictions on the chart.
- Use the magnet to try to pick up each object. Which objects did the magnet pickup? Record your findings on the chart.
- Which objects stuck to the magnet?
- What are these objects made of?
- Name three other objects that a magnet can pick up.