Purposeful Puzzles Activity Ideas
Grade Level: Pre-K–4
Subject: Multiple Subjects
Create large floor puzzles for students to enjoy again and again.
• Any TREND Bulletin Board Set, Poster, or Learning Chart. We show the United States Map Bulletin Board Set (T-8160)
• Scissors or small utility knife
• Optional: Tag board, foam core, or other stiff backing
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Create engaging puzzles on just about any topic.
- Punch out the pieces from the bulletin board set or cut a poster or learning chart into the number of desired pieces. To make the U.S. Map Puzzle more challenging, you could cut apart the individual states or make small groups of states.
- Laminate all pieces for durability, then trim the laminate so the pieces will fit together correctly.
- If desired, mount pieces on tag board, foam core, or other stiff backing. This will provide greater durability and make the pieces easier to handle. Trimming the pieces accurately will be critical so that the puzzle pieces fit together.
Store puzzles in a TREND File ‘n Save System® Chart Storage Box (T-1022).
Instructions above can be used with other TREND bulletin board sets, posters, or learning charts to create floor puzzles on any theme.