A Prairie Food Chain Worksheet
The picture shows two food chains in a prairie community. Study it and then complete the statements below.
- The _________________________ are producers.
- The gophers and grasshoppers are _________ consumers.
- Mice are eaten by _________.
- Owls eat _________.
- Suppose all the prairie grasses were killed off. Then the grasshoppers ________.
- Suppose all the owls were killed off. Then the number of gophers _________.
- The organisms that are decomposers are ______________________.
- Coyotes are ____________________ consumers.
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Food chains are made up of producers, consumers, and decomposers. Two or more food chains can be linked together by a common producer. Linked food chains are called food webs.
Answer Key – A Prairie Food Chain
- prairie grasses
- might starve
- might increase
- the bacteria