Bulletin Board Trimmer Bookmarks Activity for Grades 1-4
Grade Level: 1–4
Subject: Language Arts, Art, Multiple Subjects
Create bookmarks that encourage reading and make fun gifts.
• TREND Checkerboard Bolder Borders®: Green (T-85040) Blue (T-85038) Red (T-85039)
• TREND Alphabet superShapes Stickers (T-46037)
• TREND Stickers of any type
• Hole punch
• Glue or glue stick
• Pencil or pen
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Bulletin Board Trimmer Bookmarks Activity for Grades 1-4 Directions:
Your students will have fun making their own bookmarks to track their reading or to share as gifts. Measure and cut borders into 7.5″ lengths.
- Decorate the front of the border (checkerboard side) with a saying, your name, stickers, and other embellishments to personalize your bookmark. Leave a 1″ space at the top for a tassel.
- On the back of the border, use a ruler to measure the 1″ space at the top. Then, make six lines about 1″ apart down the border. These lines can be used to record books that have been read.
- Decorate the front of the border with the recipient’s name, stickers, and other embellishments you think that person would like. Leave a 1″ space at the top for your tassel.
- On the back of the border, leave a 1″ space at the top, then write a special message to the recipient. To complete all bookmarks
- Punch a hole in the top center of your bookmark to add a tassel.
- Cut an 8″ piece of yarn for the tassel.
- To insert the tassel, fold the yarn in half and insert the looped end into the hole. Pull through about 1″. Push the loose ends of the yarn through the loop created. Pull slightly to tighten the yarn, but not so hard that the bookmark tears.
Enjoy using your bookmark to keep track of your progress and have fun sharing bookmarks with others.