Letter/Word Jumble for Grades 1–4
Grade Level: 1–4
Subject: Language Arts/Spelling/Reading
Expand vocabulary and develop spelling skills by making words.
• TREND Ready Letters® (any package of uppercase and/or lowercase)
• Writing paper
• Adhesive magnets
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Letter/Word Jumble for Grades 1–4 Directions:
You will be able to use this activity frequently for many topics or subjects. It’s fun and engaging, and kids will enjoy it every time.
- Punch out all of the letters in your Ready Letters® package(s). Laminate the letters to add durability for frequent use.
- Affix one magnet to the back of each letter.
- Use the letters to play the following word games:
• Pick ten letters out of a basket without looking at them and place on a white board or another magnetic board. See who can come up with the most words using those letters. Write the words on a sheet of paper.
• Spell a common word of eight or more letters on the board. See how many new words can be made using those letters.
• Use the letters to form words or sentences that answer questions.
• Use the letters to make jumbled word finds or crossword puzzles.
4. Create math games by using the numerals that are included with the Ready Letters® set.