Christian Crossword Fun for Grades 2–5
Grade Level: 2–5
Subject: Bible/Language Arts/Spelling
Create Bible-themed crossword puzzles.
• TREND Bible Trivia Challenge Cards® (T-24702)
• TREND Black 2″ 3-D Ready Letters® (T-79401) or other TREND letters of choice
• TREND Wipe-Off® Calendar (T-1170)
• TREND Wipe-Off® Markers (T-98004)
• White board or other magnetic surface
• Self-adhesive magnets (two types: lightweight and heavyduty)
• Computer with Internet access or crossword creation software
• Writing paper and pencil
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Christian Crossword Fun for Grades 2–5 Directions:
You will be able to use this activity frequently to create different Bible-themed crossword puzzles. It’s fun, engaging, and kids will enjoy it every time.
- Cut the squares out of the calendar so that you have a total of 42 squares.
- Cut self-adhesive flat magnets into small pieces and affix to two or four edges on the back of the squares.
- Punch out all of the Ready Letters® and affix one heavy-duty magnet to the back of each letter. The letters can be laminated for durability prior to attaching the magnets.
- Use Bible Trivia Challenge Cards® with one-word answers for your clues or create your own questions and one-word answers.
- Arrange the answers to create your own crossword puzzle. If available, you can use computer software or Internet sites to create the puzzle.
- Arrange the calendar squares into the crossword design on the magnetic board and use a Wipe-Off® marker to number the squares appropriately to complete the crossword puzzle.
- Write the numbered clues on a separate piece of paper.
Challenge students to solve the puzzle and create new puzzles.