Let us explore the best laptops for teachers, according to reviewers! – Updated for 2023!
If you are a teacher and you are considering buying a new laptop computer, take advantage to get the best computers for teachers for the 2023 back-to-school season.
When selecting a good computer for teachers, we have to look for specific features that are not usually the usual ones when looking for a laptop for home/office or for gaming. So let’s take a look at some of them so you can make the best selection possible.
(We will also get to the techie part, but let’s discuss what matters to most of us.)
Would you consider a refurbished or used laptop?
What features are most important to you? (touchscreen, 2-in-1, speed, warranty, overall quality history.)
How important are the laptop’s weight and size while also considering the screen size and quality?
PLEASE NOTE – since we are looking for the best teaching laptops, some will also be suitable for ultra-high performance needs such as those needed in gaming, video editing, and CAD but those are not going to be our primary concerns here.
The Laptop Techie Guide for Teachers
- Portability: Teachers often move around the classroom, so a lightweight, slim laptop is beneficial. A laptop with a screen size of 13 to 15 inches is a good balance between portability and usability.
- Battery Life: Long battery life is crucial for teachers who might only sometimes have easy access to power outlets during the day. Aim for a laptop with at least 8-10 hours of battery life for sustained use.
- Processing Power: A powerful processor (e.g., Intel Core i5 or i7, or AMD Ryzen) ensures smooth multitasking, allowing teachers to run various applications simultaneously.
- RAM: Aim for a laptop with at least 8GB of RAM, which will help handle multiple open applications and browser tabs efficiently.
- Storage: Look for laptops with SSD (Solid State Drive) storage, which provides faster boot times and application loading than traditional HDDs.
- Durability: Since the laptop will be used in a school environment, it should be built to withstand some wear and tear. Rugged or semi-rugged designs can be beneficial.
- Connectivity Options: Multiple USB ports, HDMI, and an SD card reader can help connect to projectors, external drives, and other peripherals.
- Touchscreen and Stylus Support: A touchscreen can be useful for taking notes or interacting with certain educational apps. Additionally, stylus support can be advantageous for digital annotations.
- Wireless Connectivity: Ensure the laptop has reliable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities for seamless communication with other devices and accessories.
- Security Features: In a school environment, data security is essential. Look for laptops with built-in security features, such as fingerprint readers or Windows Hello facial recognition.
- Operating System: Windows and macOS are popular, depending on personal preference and compatibility with school systems. Chromebooks can also be cost-effective if the teacher’s tasks can be accomplished using web-based tools.
- Webcam and Microphone: High-quality built-in webcam and microphone are important for virtual meetings and online teaching.
Note: TeachersParadise may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through Amazon Affiliate links. We only suggest items our team loves!
Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 & M2
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
The MacBook Air M1 and now the latest version, the M2 model, of this popular laptop, which has just been released, incorporates a keyboard with a scissor mechanism and 1 mm of key travel for more comfortable typing. Equipped with an incredible 13-inch screen and 12-18 hours of battery life, it also has Touch ID, a feature that allows easy and secure login. Either of these should not only be considered the best MacBook for a teacher but the very best laptop across-the-board. Moreover, Apple has a long history of supporting these machines, so you are buying peace of mind in quality and support.
LG Gram 15 Ultra-Lightweight Laptop
- 13th Gen Intel Core Processor – Powered by Intel’s 13th Gen processor and Intel Iris Xe graphics, this LG gram is engineered to keep users multitasking with ease. You can accomplish those intensive daily demands from crunching numbers, to editing a masterpiece with processor power that won’t slow you down.
One of the lightest and most powerful classroom laptops, at under 2.5 pounds, the LG Gram 15 is an excellent all-around choice with Microsoft Windows 11. It has a 15.6-inch Full HD screen and a backlit keyboard that automatically adjusts its brightness level according to the room lighting. It also has a remarkable 21-hour battery life and fingerprint recognition.
Acer Swift 3 Intel Evo Thin & Light Laptop
- Get high performance, responsiveness and long battery life with the Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor – up to 4.7GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 12MB Intel Smart Cache
The 14″ Acer Swift 3 is a robust device with an All-Metal body, a 14″ Full HD display, LED-backlit technology, and a backlit keyboard. Moreover, its configuration is very complete: it has an Intel Core i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM, and a hard disk of 256 GB SSD. It also includes Wi-Fi 6 and Fingerprint Reader!
Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5
- Touch Screen Type :Capacitive.Aspect Ratio:16:9
You will find impressive technical features of the Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5, one of the best computers for teachers, for less than $500. This 2-in-1 laptop has an HD touch screen as well as Wifi6 and Bluetooth 5, so it will be ready for years of classroom use.
Ultimately, the best laptop for a teacher depends on their specific needs and how they plan to use it in the classroom. It’s a good idea to compare different models, read reviews, and consider any specialized software or applications required for teaching purposes. Being in possession of a high-quality laptop is a true blessing. It empowers us to maintain academic excellence, produce multimedia material that is now a crucial aspect of our learning, handle our daily obligations, and remain connected with students and families.