Letter Crowns Activity Ideas
Grade Level: 1–3
Subject: Language Arts/Vocabulary/Spelling
Create crowns with letter pockets to use in spelling and language arts games.
• TREND Terrific Trimmers® (various colors)
• TREND 4″ Black Casual Lowercase Ready Letters® (T-79241)
• Clear overhead transparencies
• Clear tape
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Letter Crowns Directions:
- Provide one trimmer strip for each child. Cut for them, or have the students cut the trimmer strip to the circumference of their heads plus one inch. You may laminate the strips for added durability.
- Cut the overhead transparencies into 1″ x 41⁄4″ pieces.
- Tape one of the clear transparency pieces to the center, front of the trimmer to create a pocket. Tape along the bottom edge and along the two sides with clear tape.
- Form a circle (crown) with the trimmer by overlapping and stapling the two ends.
- Punch out the letters. You may laminate the letters for added durability.
- Put letters, one at a time, into the crown pocket and work together by lining up to spell words, or stand in alphabetical order.
The numerals that come with the letters can be used with the crowns to count and skip count.