Flower Word Power Learning Games
Here’s a fun, active way to learn synonyms and antonyms.
Use these TREND products:
T-10823 Flower Power Mini Accents
T-10923 Flower Power Classic Accents® Variety Pack
T-92146 Crayon Flowers Terrific Trimmers®
T-63308 Flower Power Sparkle Stickers®
You’ll also need:
Two file folders
Black and Green permanent marker
List of age-appropriate synonyms & antonyms
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
- Tape the file folders together using double-sided tape.
- Tape large flower accents to the inside of the folder. Write an entry word on each.
- Attach two small pieces of hook-and-loop tape (loop side) to the petals of each large flower accent.
- On the mini flower accents, write the synonyms and antonyms of each entry word. Attach a small piece of hook-and-loop tape to the back of each (hook side).
- On the back of each mini flower, write the entry word for self-checking.
- Create a storage pouch for the accents on the back of the file folder.
Game Directions Object:
The learner will identify the synonyms and antonyms of familiar words.
- Students can work independently or with partners, reading each word on the large and mini flowers.
- Try to match the synonyms and antonyms to each entry word to create a word bouquet!
- Change out the entry words and synonyms and antonyms regularly to keep the game interesting.