Simple Sliders Activity for Grades PreK-1
Grade Level: PK-1
Subject: Multiple subjects
Create inexpensive manipulatives for fun, group-response activities and interactive wall displays.
• TREND Alphabet Bolder Borders® (T-85029)
• TREND Colors Bolder Borders® (T-85032)
Other materials needed:
• Construction paper
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Simple Sliders Activity Directions:
Build these sliders as a means for each student to respond to questions you ask.
- Set aside one Bolder Borders® panel for each student (a pack contains 12 panels). Or, use one panel for an interactive wall mounted display.
- For each slider, cut a piece of construction paper 3″ wide and 6″ long. Laminate all pieces of construction paper and all borders at this point for durability.
- In the center of each piece of construction paper, cut a 11⁄2″ x 21⁄4″ box to create a window. Adjust window and paper size for various types of borders.
- Fold the window around a border panel with the window centered on the pattern side. Tape the window together on the back so that it can slide freely on the border.
- Have students reply to questions you ask by moving their sliders to show the answer in the window. Have them hold the border in the air for you to see.
You can also mount sliders on the wall near your calendar to display the daily weather (use T-85045), days of the week (use T-85034), and months of the year (use T-85035).
You will find many of ways to use sliders with your students.
Use these directions with other TREND Bolder Borders® to create Simple Sliders on other themes.