Mini Books Art Activity Grade Level: 1–4
Grade Level: 1–4
Subject: Multiple Subjects; Art
Create individual or group books on any topic of study.
• TREND Radiant Rainbows Sparkle Classic Accents® (T-10103)
• TREND 1″ STICK-EZE® Stick-On Letters in Black (T-1785), Green (T-78003), Blue (T-1781)
• TREND 1″ Red Sparkle STICK-EZE® Stick-On Letters (T-78101)
• Construction paper (various colors)
• Markers or crayons • String, yarn, or metal rings
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Mini Books Directions
- Research a topic and write and edit the information you will share in the book.
- Create a storyboard to know how many pages will be needed in the book.
- Choose Classic Accents® to use as a book cover and template for making the book’s pages.
- Trace around the Classic Accents® on the color or colors of construction paper you wish to use to make the number of pages you will need. Cut these out on the lines. An option is to cut out square pages to fit inside the shape of the accent.
- Copy the text you wrote onto the book pages and add art as desired. If you make a mistake, simply cut out another page and discard the page with the mistake.
- Add a title and art or other embellishments to the cover.
- For added durability, you may want to laminate the pages and cover.
- Punch one (or more) holes in the same spot of every page of the book and thread string, yarn, or a metal ring through the holes and tie or connect as needed.
Books are a great way to share knowledge and present information to others. Students will enjoy learning from their classmates’ books.
Look for other TREND products to use as book-making materials, such as Stencils, Two-Sided Decorations, and Note Pads.