Playing Cards Activity Ideas
Grade Level: 1–5
Create customized playing cards for specific themes or topics to support learning basic skills.
• TREND Black 1″ STICK-EZE® Letters and Numbers (T-1785), 2 sets
• TREND Make-Your-Own Pocket Flash Cards (T-23019)
• TREND Colorful Star Smiles Stinky Stickers® (T-83216) 4 packs
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Playing Cards Directions:
- Count out 44 cards from the Make-Your-Own Pocket Flash Cards set.
- Using 1″ STICK-EZE® numerals, apply a number, 0-10, to the upper left corner of each card. Then turn the card upside down and apply the same number to the lower right corner. Now you can read the number regardless of which side of the card is up. Make four cards with each number.
- Using one color of smile stickers, add the appropriate number of smiles to each card. Arrange the stickers in domino dot patterns. When complete, you will have four different colored suits of cards. If desired, laminate the cards for added durability.
- Create your own card games and game rules to support number and math concepts. Create games to teach letters, shapes, and other topics.