Letter Animals Activity Ideas
Grade Level: K–3
Subject: Language Arts/Letter Sounds; Art
Learn the shape and sound of each letter of the alphabet.
• TREND 4″ Ready Letters® (any pack)
• Construction paper
• Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
• Glue or tape
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Letter Animals Directions:
Punch out one of each letter of the alphabet to have them ready for use. Brainstorm with the group a list of animals that start with each letter of the alphabet.
- Give each student a sheet of construction paper and one letter of his or her choice.
- Think about how to create an animal using the letter as a part of the animal’s body.
- Glue or tape the letter to the construction paper and design the animal around the letter.
- Incorporate the animal into a scene or habitat where one might find the animal.
Post the letter animal scenes in a row for all to see the animal alphabet line, or create a book with the alphabet animal art.