Christian Mini Books Activity for Grades 1-4
Grade Level: 1–4
Subject: Art; Multiple Subjects
Create individual or group books on any topic of study.
• TREND Classic Accents® (various)
• TREND 1″ STICK-EZE® Stick-On Letters (various colors)
• Construction paper (various colors)
• Markers or crayons
• String, yarn, or metal rings; hole punch
WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
Christian Mini Books Directions:
This sheet shows how to make a group book, but the same process can be used for students to create individual books.
- Prior to the activity, choose Classic Accents® that fit with the theme of your book. You’ll need two accents, for the front and back covers. Ideas for book themes may include: God’s World, The Story of Noah, or I Know God Loves Me Because…
- Before beginning the activity with your students, trace around the Classic Accents® on colored construction paper to make the number of pages you will need for each book. Cut out the pages. You may want to have the students do this tracing and cutting with you.
- Now it’s time to brainstorm ideas regarding the theme of the book being created. Discuss what types of information each student might want to put on his or her page(s), and what types of pictures he or she might draw.
- If needed, have students research their portion of the book.
- Give each student a page, or pages, to write and draw pictures relating to the topic.
- Choose a student to put the title on the cover of the book.
- Bind the book with string, yarn, or rings. Students will love sharing their work with others, and you’ll have a great teaching tool to use with current and future students.