WORKSHEET & Sample PDF Activity
Sample PDF Activity
• TREND symmetrical Classic Accents®
• Scissors or paper cutter
• White construction paper
• Glue sticks
• Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
During a math unit on symmetry, use this fun and artistic project to help students understand the meaning of symmetry.
- Select Classic Accents® that are symmetrical in design. Several different designs will allow students a choice.
- Cut the accents in half, so that each student will have at least one piece.
- Allow students to choose their desired accent.
- Using a glue stick, glue the half accent to a piece of construction paper. Glue the accent so there is room on the paper for drawing the missing part of the accent.
- Use similar colors to draw a symmetrical image of the accent to create a whole image.
- Challenge students to use their creativity to enhance the rest of the page with more symmetrical designs.
Display these symmetrical masterpieces for everyone to see. Move on to more challenging designs to have students create more symmetrical artwork. These directions can be used with other TREND products, such as Ready Letters®, to create symmetrical art on any theme.