Trait Crate: Kindergarten: Picture Books, Model Lessons, and More to Teach Writing With the 6 Traits (Paperback)
- Out Of Stock
- Product Code:
- SCHOLASTIC TEACHING RESOURCES
Picture Books, Model Lessons, and More to Teach Writing With the 6 Traits
By Ruth Culham
Thanks to this sturdy "crate," teaching writing in kindergarten just got easier and more effective! Inside, teachers will find everything they need to help students use the six traits to improve their writing. Contains an array of materials designed to engage students and enrich their writing experiences, including:
· 6 high-interest picture books hand selected for each trait
· 6 teaching guide with step-by-step lessons, graphic organizers, a scoring guide, and extension activities
· Sing-Along Trait Songs, a music CD containing lively, trait-specific songs to share with your students. Includes a "bonus track" on presentation.
· 6 full-color 17" x 22" posters featuring lyrics to the songs from the CD
· Color-coded stickers for organizing classroom libraries and teaching materials
· Using Picture Books to Teach Writing With the Traits: K-2, 112-page resource containing 18 step-by-step lessons and 150 annotations of new and classic books, organized by trait
What's more, the crate comes with hanging folders-one for each trait-for easy, expandable storage for years to come!
· 6 high-interest picture books; · 6 teaching guides; · Sing-Along Trait Songs CD; · 6 full-color 17" x 22" posters; · Color-coded stickers; · Using Picture Books to Teach Writing With the Traits: K-2