Teaching English Language Learners: Strategies That Work, Grades 6-12 (Theory and Practice) (Paperback)
- Out Of Stock
- Product Code:
- SCHOLASTIC TEACHING RESOURCES
By Katharine Samway
- Provides situations and issues that teachers may encounter when working with ELLs, and offers grade-level appropriate solutions, teaching approaches, and activities to address them.
- Each chapter opens with a brief overview of relevant research and key teaching principles.
- Suggests strategies and solutions for quick, targeted help that address reading, writing, oral language, assessment, and home-school issues.
- Provides cultural information on 20 cultural groups that are most prevalent in North America.
- Lists native language information for the 20 languages that are most dominant in North America, including features that may transfer to English.
- Offers extensive list of distributors and publishers of books in ELLs' native languages and bilingual books.
320 pages 8 1/2" x 11"
Grades 6 & Up