GAME CHANGER BOOK ACCESS FOR ALL KIDS
- Out Of Stock
- Product Code:
- SCHOLASTIC TEACHING RESOURCES
Through research and testimonials from voices in the field and their own classroom experiences, Miller and Sharp provide practical and resourceful information on a range of topics, including examples of successful school and classroom libraries, the power of book ownership, the importance of access to culturally diverse books, and meaningful family-community reading engagement.
In Game Changer! You'll Find:
• Years of independent reading classroom program know-how and research for educators at every level.
• Routines, rituals, and lessons for developing a community of readers in schools and classrooms.
• Practical tips on ways to develop children's positive reading identities, reading engagement, and academic growth.
• Tactics to increase access to and use of diverse children's and young adult literature and an appreciation for its role in children's literacy development.
• Suggestions for fostering independent reading habits at school and at home.