Retelling Tales With Headbands
- Out Of Stock
- Product Code:
Ten delightful tales to share with students.
Each tale has been rewritten in simple yet exciting prose, incorporating repetition, rhyme, and appropriate vocabulary in short, easy-to-follow paragraphs.
1. The Lion and the Mouse
2. Cowboy Hats for Sale
3. The Tortoise and the Hare
4. The Little Red Hen
5. The Three Billy Goats Gruff
6. Goldilocks and the Three Bears
7. The Three Little Pigs
8. Jack and the Beanstalk
9. Chicken Licken
10. The Gingerbread Man
Each tale comes complete with:
* Teaching guidelines: Suggestions are presented in ten easy-to-follow steps.
* Character recognition activities: A reproducible activity uses matching or tracing to help introduce students to each character. Then, one or two simple questions further support character recognition and identification.
* Sequencing practice: A second reproducible activity sheet helps students follow along as you read the story aloud using five illustrations from the tale. Pictures can also be used to help reinforce the concepts of beginning, middle, and end.
* Follow-up activities: Students practice listening and following simple directions while they identify characters, trace letters, draw, and color pictures.
* Reproducible headband patterns: Students color, cut out, and assemble fun headbands for each of the main characters.