Is there science behind the "five second rule"? What kind of bacteria live on your toothbrush? Grow and observe bacteria and learn about different types of germs!
Psst, They're Learning!
• Stimulates an interest in biology and microbiology
• Explores the concepts of bacteria and fungi, control and variable, and how microbes affect our everyday lives
• Provides hands-on experience with scientific tools
• Journaling activities encourage creativity
Cut to the Chase
• The Mighty Microbes Lab turns "eww" into "aha!" by encouraging study and understanding of (harmless) tiny colonies of bacteria and fungi
• Features 4 Petri dishes, 250 mL standing, round-bottomed flask with volume markings, and stopper with hole to fit on top of flask
• Also includes spreader for spreading bacteria, waterproof colony counter grid, loupe with 8x magnification, tweezers, funnel, pipette, gloves, and nutrient agar packet plus recipe to make more agar
• 22-Page activity journal
• Ages 8-12