Bring history alive as students explore the fascinating past by making the interactive projects in History Pockets. Students store the projects in easy-to-make construction paper pockets that are wonderful portfolios for assessment and display. History Pockets—Explorers of North America, Grades 4-6+, contains eleven discovery pockets. The introduction pocket gives an overview of exploration throughout North America. The other pockets feature ten famous explorers and their journeys.
Each of the pockets contains:
• a reproducible pocket label
• a bookmark of short fun facts about the subject
• a reference map of the voyage(s) made by the explorer
• a fact sheet of background information for teacher and students
• arts and crafts projects
• writing activities
• Evaluation forms are provided at the end of the book for teacher and student assessment purposes
The book includes the following pockets: Introduction to Explorers of North America, Christopher Columbus
John Cabot, Hernando Cortes, Jacques Cartier, Sir Francis Drake, Henry Hudson, Daniel Boone, James Cook, Lewis and Clark, and John Wesley Powell
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.