Even during the carefree months of summer, children can be preparing for the next grade with Daily Summer Activities. It's packed with engaging activities that will build learners' confidence for the next grade level by practicing essential skills. Activities offer practice of essential skills across subject areas, including reading, math, and writing.
With just one or two activities per day over a 10-week period, Daily Summer Activities helps to keep skills sharp without getting in the way of vacation time. The revised edition also includes delightful artwork and reward stickers.
10 weeks of instruction cover the following skills:
Language arts practice:
• beginning and ending sounds
• read short-vowel word lists
• short stories followed by questions to show comprehension
• two spelling words to learn each week
• counting by ones, fives, and tens
• reading numbers
• addition and subtraction facts to nine
• pennies and nickels