This Learn to Read Variety Pack 13 includes 12 book titles (1 copy of each) with Guided Reading Level (GRL) F. In addition, each leveled book includes subject-related content and concepts to help reinforce critical standards-based skills while teaching literacy skills.
Titles include: Count and Add with Me!, Numbers All Around Me, Ten Monsters in a Bed, Let's Have a Picnic, It Started as a Seed, I Have a New Baby Brother, There's a Monster in the Tree, Collecting Things Is Fun!, Best Friends, Just Like Me, The Neighborhood Party, and What Sinks? What Floats?
About Learn to Read Books
The Learn to Read books feature easy-to-read stories, rhymes, and songs that engage students' attention and support their reading development by providing the following elements:
• High-interest topics for beginning readers
• Humorous or surprise endings that children love
• Predictable story lines with repeating text to help early readers develop reading strategies and build confidence
• Illustrations on every page that match the text to support word identification, boost comprehension, and expand vocabulary
• Lovable, humorous, and engaging characters that children will connect with and enjoy reading about
Based on Academic Content and Developmental Skills Learn to Read books are tied to content subject areas to help reinforce critical standards-based skills. The inside front and inside back covers of each book feature:
• An overview of the phonics skills, sight words, vocabulary words, literacy concepts, and other learning skills introduced in each book
• Discussion questions to promote vocabulary development, reading comprehension, and connection with text.
• Extension activities to foster a deeper understanding and interest in the material.