Quick, effective mini-lessons with fiction and nonfiction passages build close reading skills needed for the new assessments.
· 12 mini-lessons model close reading and include student practice pages.
· Collaborative conversations for every activity build speaking and listening skills.
· Annotation space alongside each reading passage build close reading skills.
· Writing prompts encourage students to develop evidence-based responses.
· Graphic organizers help students organize ideas and build understanding.
· Meets Common Core and TEKS standards.